Something about me

Hello everyone. I'm Stefano. This is my first tech blog. First of all, this blog it's only a way to take some notes about my code journey. I'm not so good to write in english so I apologize for this.
My first approach to coding was in 1986. My dad bought an MSX Toshiba and me and my brother used it most for gaming (yes, gaming...😂). In the package of MSX, there was also two mysterious yellow books:"Basic". They was full of strange words and we wasn't able to understand what that signs meant. On a saturday evening, me and my dad, found some pieces of code to play musical scale with "beep". That challenge took two hours to reach the goal, but at the end I literally falled in love with coding. The code was something like this:
10 PRINT "START"
20 PLAY "CDEFGAB"
30 END

Seems simple, uh? For us it wasn't simple at all but since that moment I begun to dream to become a developer (also if I didn't know what means "developer").

Unfortunately, life takes me in another path and for years I left my dream apart.

In 2000 I started a new job, as accountant like previous job. In that office, one of my tasks was to manage Import of hides (I was in a tannery) and warehouse. There was a lot of arrivals of containers full of hides and the previous employee managed all by hand. I had a little knowledge about MSExcel and so I begun to put all in worksheets. One day I tryed to record a macro and to see the code generated in this way in VBA. So, I started to learn more stuff day by day and at the end I built a DB and a GUI to manage all those containers. In Excel. Slowly, I began to build some applications like an app for calculation of the probability numbers for a Lotto shop and a mangement system for a gun shop.
Then, in 2006, I changed again my job (my actual job), and here the first important task was to obtain certification ISO9001. From scratch. They aren't ready for this. So, I realized that I needed some software to help me in this task. A friend show me how works MSAccess and I begun to learn as much as possible about Tables, Queries, Forms, Reports and VBA. In six months, I built my first "full-stack" app with it. It was a little ramshackle but it works. And we obtain certification. Lately, we obtained also ISO14001 concerning Environment.

In the beginning of 2020, I committed #100DaysOfCode challenge and I discovered a new world! This world is made by a lot of resources to learn almost everything a developer needs but, most important, a community of developer ready to help each other.

In this blog, I will share my journey with Python, Django, Bootstrap, HTML, CSS, PostgreSQL and all the rest. Also, I will share my old way to code with MSAccess. It seems to me so "small" now, but I ensure you that MSAccess can give you a lot of satisfactions. Ok, It will give you also a lot of headaches...

Phew! What a long post! If have read so far, and if you got any suggestions, pls leave a reply.

Commenti

AddToAny

Post popolari in questo blog

PyQt5 and PyCharm

Tkinter, how to show a gif